Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Yogurt 波羅 Bread



21.7 X 9.4 X 77 Pullman Tin

IngredientsAmounts
Bread Flour250g
Salt¼ Tsp
Sugar35g
Plain Yogurt80g
Instant dry yeast3g
Water80g
Butter20g

波羅 Skin

IngredientsAmounts
Butter40g
Icing sugar30g
Beaten egg15g
Cake flour55g

  1. With the help of an electrical mixer, combine yogurt, water, salt, sugar, bread flour and instanst dry yeast.
    Mix the mixture on low speed and when dough is formed, switch to hooking the dough on medium speed.

  2. When the dough is smooth, add in the butter and continuing hooking. As step 1, hook using low speed and changed to medium speed when dough is smooth and shiny. Hooking should takes about 20-30 mins, depending on indiviudal mixer force and speed.

  3. When dough is finally ready, allow to proof for 80 mins. Remember to place the dough in another bowl and cover with plastic wrap.

  4. While waiting for the dough to proof, we may start on the 波羅 skin procedures. In another bowl, combine cake flour, egg, icing sugar and butter. Whisk till mixture is light and fluffy. You may fridge the 波羅 batter for later usage.

  5. After the dough has finished with the proofing, the size should double in size. Punch out the air that lies within the dough and knead gently. Allow the dough to rest for 15 mins and then proceed for the 2nd proofng of 60 mins.

  6. When the dough has finally rise from the 2nd proofing, flatten the dough with a roller-pin and roll up the dough like a swiss roll. Put the swiss-rolled dough into the pullman tin.

  7. Obtain the 波羅 skin from the fridge and spread it onto a plastic wrap. The plastic wrap should be the of the same length and width as the pullman tin. Move the plastic wrap that is covered with 波羅 skin over to the dough and stick it onto the top of the dough. Remove the wrap carefully.

  8. Bring to bake at 180 degree Celsius for 30-35 mins.







I had a much bigger pullman tin and thus, my dough could not reached the top even after all the proofing :(
Well, guessed I have to buy a smaller pullman tin. Anyway, I love this bread because the 波羅 skin makes the whole loaf taste so savoury! It can be eaten plain because the 波羅 skin is sweet and crispy and it makes the whole loaf taste heavenly.

By the way, this recipe came from the book "孟老師的100道麵包". The original recipe call for Unsalted butter, but I switched it to salted one instead because graciously me forgotten to top up the stock. Also, I've omitted the 10g milk powder which is for the 波羅 skin. The recipe also asked to bake this dough at 200 degree Celsius but I realised that it looks kind of hot for my dough, as I realised that the sides were dark, therefore I lowered it down to 180 degree Celsius.

My Royal Prince Charming was engrossing himself with his new RPG game and when I gave him one to sample, he immediately ran out of the room for more. He always has a liking for 波羅包. It's no wonder that he could actually gave up his game for this loaf of bread.

The whole loaf was almost finished this morning. Royal Prince Charming requested for a bigger slice so that he gets to taste more of the 波羅 skin and for me, I actually gobbled down 3 slices of it. I believe my Royal Prince Charming will finished the whole loaf today while I'm at my yoga class. *Giggling*

No comments: