Wednesday, January 02, 2008

臘肉飯




Makes 2 person share

IngredientsAmounts
Rice 2 cups
Chinese Sausages
(Diced)
3
Choy Sin Vegetables
(Cut into small wedges)
1 handful
Chicken stock

2 tbsp +
Enough volume to cover the rice

Sesame oil & Dark sauce 2 tsp each
Diced onions 1

  1. In a pot, heat up some oil and bring the diced onions to fry till fragrant.

  2. Stir in the Chinese sausages and blend well.

  3. Add in the washed rice and combine the mixture.

  4. Allow the rice mixture to simmer for 5 mins. Be sure to stir it occasionally to prevent the rice from getting burnt at the bottom.

  5. Stir in the chicken stock and simmer for another 7-10 mins.

  6. Add in the vegetables and stir well.

  7. Sprinkle the sesame oil and dark sauce. Mix well.

  8. Scoop the mixture into the rice pot and cover the rice with Chicken stock. Bring to cook using a rice cooker.

    *Top the ready rice with Fried onions (optional)






This recipe originated from 小小米桶's 臘肉飯. I was browsing through 米桶's blog for some Chinese recipes and came across this. Was so tempted with it since both my Royal Prince Charming and I love Chinese sausages. I know its not healthy to take such stuff but we'll only eat once in awhile alright? :P

Anyway, tomorrow I will have to accompany my prince charming to collect his air ticket from China Airline ticketing office at Tong Building. Well, since my Royal Prince Charming is not working in orchard area, he has to forsake his lunch hour to rush down to collect his ticket. My office is quite near to Tong building thus, I decide to make our lunch so that I can accompany my prince charming and have lunch with him since I'm very sure he wouldn't have the time to source for food later on.

Btw, I modified some of the recipe. Did not add in any water to cook the rice as what 米桶 did because I wanted the kind of 粒粒分明 texture so I decided to let the rice cook with the chicken stock I added in. I changed the garlic to onions because I personally prefer onions to garlics. Due to the low amount of water added, you need a longer time for the rice mixture to be cook throughly. Mine took 1 hour and still tasted rather hard :( No choice, I had to stir in Chicken stock which must be sufficient enough to cover the rice so that the rice will be soft when cooked. Gosh, I should have added in water in the first place! I bet it will take much much lesser time. LOL!

Well, I'll treat this as a learning tactic for me ;)
Nevertheless, this is real good but slightly less healthy. Try it once in a blue moon only okie? :P

2 comments:

Aimei said...

This looks nice and easy. I want to try it! But I want to try the mee goreng first. LOL. You are such a sweet lao po to your hubby...hehe. :)

Happy Mrs Kwok said...

Aiyoo.. Make me shy ah :P

No lah, I will feel heartbreak if he skips his lunch. LOL! You know lah, if he don't eat, I feel sad. Thats why he is gaining weight XD