Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Gloria Jeans

Both me and my Prince charming headed down to Raffles City Shopping center again yesterday. The beaming-with-joy Prince Charming of mine decided to get himself a new cap. He had shortlisted one at Billabong and so, he promised himself that he had to get them by yesterday. Yes, typical men who have to get what they want ASAP.

Anyway, getting a cap was easy. Take the cap, put it on, admire himself in the mirror, walked to the sales associate and ask for a new one and ching ching paid for the item. The whole process took less than 10 mins. After of which, we had no idea where to head to later on.

At the very moment, my taste buds started to yell for desserts. Yay, I told my Prince Charming that I wanted some sweet stuffs and so we headed down to Basement 1 where you can find many F&B shops. We decided to patron Gloria Jeans because of the tempting cakes at their counter.
I chose Oreo Cheesecake and Prince Charming chose Tiramisu. We both shared a large ice tea.

When the cakes arrived, oh my, I felt like my saliva were rushing out! They looked just so tasty and indeed they were! The Oreo cheesecake was very cheesy and the sweetness was just right. The texture is so smooth that it just melts in your mouth. The Tiramisu was fabulous too. The cake was just so soft and moist. There's this layer of sponge cake that lined the sides of the cake. It just matches the Tiramisu so well. Though I may not be a food gourmet, these 2 cakes were really wonderful.

It's my 1st time at Gloria Jeans since most of the time, I prefer Starbucks. This time round, I believe I will definitely opt for Gloria Jeans as they serve really fresh and good cakes.















5 comments:

daphne said...

I love Gloria Jeans in Perth. My favorite coffee there is chocolate truffle. =) Great to hear they are doing well in Malaysia too.

daphne said...

oops! Obviously I mean SINGAPORE! hahahhaa

Happy Mrs Kwok said...

Hahaah! Really? Perth has one too? Maybe the next time I visit Perth, I should really sit there the whole day! I think their cakes are truly awesome.

I'm kinda allergic to coffee caffine. Is there any other nice recommendations for beverages? :D

Aimei said...

The tiramisu looks so divine...I'm very particular when it comes to tiramisu..:P looks lke it doesn't seemed to be like those with obvious layers of sponge fingers and mouuse? Hehe I shall try the desserts next time!

Happy Mrs Kwok said...

Hi Aimei,

Yes! The Tiramisu is really gorgeous. It doesn't comes with sponge fingers but more of a moouse like texture. IT's really awesome lor. Once you put it in ur mouth, u want to gulp the whole thing down ur throat. LOL!