Thursday, March 06, 2008

Rainbow Fried Rice



Serves 3

IngredientsAmounts
Rice2 cups
Mixed vegetables1 cup
Cubed CapsicumsHalf
Chicken Hotdogs (Cubed)3
Onions (Cubed)1/2
Crabsticks (Cubed)3
Eggs2
Oil2 tbsp

Chicken powder seasoning
(No MSG option)

3 tsp
Salt2 tsp
  1. Bring the rice to cook and set aside.

  2. In a wok, heat up the oil and when hot, stir in the onions and fry.

  3. Add in the eggs and keep stirring to make sure that eggs get scrambled. Add in the cooked rice and stir vigorously to prevent them from sticking together.

  4. Pour the cubed ingredients (Hotdogs, crabsticks, capsicums and mixed vegetables) into the rice mixture. Mixed well.

  5. Add the Chicken powder seasoning and salt and combined well.




Decided to make a simple meal for tomorrow's lunch. Browse through my fridge and found quite a few ingredients and so, I proceeded to make myself a colourful and appetizing main course. Cooking fried rice is always so fun. You can add in any ingredients that you like and they will still turns out yummy.

My mummy's version always come with fresh prawns and char siew. I love my mummy's fried rice so much that I always requests her to cook but as usual, always get denied since my mummy feels that Fried rice is a tad "heaty" for frequent consumption. She normally does it once in 2 weeks. I think my mummy makes the most yummy fried rice in the world! It's even nicer than ones outside. It's time I sneaked into my mummy's kitchen and "Steal" her recipe! Lol.

Oh, btw pardon the dim photographs! The flash ran out of battery >.<

6 comments:

daphne said...

The addition of the chicken seasoning is interesting. I bet it adds flavors to it.

Happy Mrs Kwok said...

Yes. I fell in love with chicken seasoning because I think they add a tint of flavours to the food.

Luckily for the advancement in food technology, we get MSG free seasoning. Heh! I can't imagine myself swallowing MSG down my food ;)

Aimei said...

Hey Mrs Kwok..what a cute name you'd given your fried rice. It's indeed colourful and appetizing ;)

Happy Mrs Kwok said...

Heee! Thanks Aimei! I always love my fried rice to be as colorful as it can be so I always throw in many differnt kind of vegetables.

I realised that yellow capsicums and green celery actually taste very well with Fried rice and both are real healthy vegetables. Try it one day ;) It's good for us since we are so health conscious! Heh.

Aimei said...

Hee alrity thanks for your suggestion! :)

Reflections In Hindsite said...

Thaank you for sharing this